Helping Your Child Learn to Ride A Bike
This is a really good video from 'Bike It Ben', our local Sustrans Schools Officer.
We currently offer cycle training to all of the children at some point in their time at St Nicolas.
What you need to know:
- Training is on the playground
- Your child needs a bike of their own
- If they don’t have one we will try to borrow one for them
- If you are prepared to lend your child’s bike on the days that they don’t need it that would be very much appreciated. (We would contact you if you offer and someone needs to borrow it).
- We strongly advise that your child wears a cycle helmet but they can still take part if they don’t have one.
- WARM CLOTHES, COAT, GLOVES etc!
- Might be worth bringing in a change of clothes?
- The training is for one whole school day.
- Half a class at a time do the training.
If your child cannot ride a bike, let us know and we will try to arrange scooter training later in the school year.
Warning: We had a scooter stolen by an older child from another school several years ago so we strongly advise you to ensure the bike is locked up.