In The Event of Snow
1. Keep an eye on our school home page for the latest information. Remember to hit the 'refresh' or 'reload' button every time.
2. You will get text messages as usual.
Bring extra winter clothing (hat, scarf and gloves) and a change of shoes.
Text Message & What It Means
Your text message will; say 'We are open', 'We are closed', or 'We are partially open.' The following explains what these mean.
‘We are open’ means business as usual. Ignore everything that follows.
‘We are closed’ is self explanatory. The weather forecast is for worse or we have problems getting enough staff in etc. Check back here later for some suggested home learning tasks should you want them.
‘We are partially open’ means we have some problems but we are going to be open. Please read what follows carefully.
If we are ‘Partially Open’ please be aware that this means that we will be short staffed for some or all of the day. Our contingency plans are as follows:
1. No children to arrive before 8.45am then straight into the hall.
2. We'll start with assembly and registers in the hall then send groups of children back to class as people arrive.
3. Send children in with warm clothes and a change of shoes. We are suspending the uniform code so you will only need the top half of uniform (sweatshirt / fleece etc) you can wear warm trousers instead of uniform trousers.
4. Please do not take risks getting in - no driving if the roads are unsafe etc. I am hoping we won't have a full school anyway because we will struggle to staff a full school. Be warned - the pavements around the school may be treacherous and once people start arriving here in school our paths will get very slippery.
5. Teachers: Your child may well be being taught by someone different and in a mixed class.
6. Playtimes: We will go on to the field because there is less danger of slipping.
7. Car Park: There will be no cars allowed in the car park after 8.45am to prevent the surface becoming icy which could cause staff to be trapped in school!
8. Please don’t contact the school if you cannot make it in. No one will receive an unauthorised absence or late mark if we are partially open. We know that there will be many who will not make it or will be held up. That is fine.
9. If the weather worsens during the day we will send out another text message closing the school and ask that you come and collect your child as soon as possible. If you are asking a friend or neighbour to collect your child, please let us know as we cannot release your child to someone else without your permission.
Why Might We Be Closed?
We are very fortunate. It is unlikely we will need to close for ‘Health & Safety’ reasons because we have a field to allow the children on at playtimes. However if public transport is not running we cannot get enough staff in to look after the children safely and teach them effectively. Because we know that a school closure means some of you missing a days work we will do our best to open or partially open.
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by online service providers in order to (for example) make their websites or services work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by the website owner or service provider (in this case, eSchools) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website or service you are using (such as advertising, interactive content and analytics). The third parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website or service in question and also when it visits certain other websites or services.
We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Services to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” cookies. Other cookies enable us and the third parties we work with to track and target the interests of visitors to our Services, and we refer to these as “advertising” or “analytical” cookies. For example, the embedding of YouTube and Vimeo videos, as added by individual schools will require “advertising” cookies to be enabled in order to successfully play them. Schools that, for example, opt to track visitor data using Google Analytics will require “analytical” cookies to be enabled in order to do so. These third party cookies are used to tailor content and information that we may send or display to you and otherwise personalise your experience while interacting with our Services and to otherwise improve the functionality of the Services we provide. We also enable schools to employ cookies and similar tracking technologies in connection with their use of our Services in order to allow them to track visitors to and interactions with, their school website.
Our Services allows schools to embed code which may potentially contain cookies. Please note embedded content, if displayed on one our websites, has been added by the school and not by eSchools. The embedded content added by the school may require additional cookies or tracking technologies to be enabled in order to function.
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. Be aware that cookie preferences are set on a per device basis; therefore you may need to set your preferences on each device you use.
Initial cookie pop-up banner: You can exercise preferences about what cookies are served on our Websites by selecting your preference from this modal which appears upon visiting an eSchools website/login screen and dashboard. You can also change your cookie preferences by clicking on the link on the footer of any page. The banner will reappear annually (August 31st to coincide with the academic year) to confirm your settings.
Disabling Most Interest Based Advertising: Most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of Interest Based Advertising. We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
Mobile Advertising: You can opt out of having your mobile advertising identifiers used for certain types of Interest Based Advertising, by accessing the settings in your Apple or Android mobile device and following the most recent published instructions. We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.