Consultation on the reorganisation of secondary school catchment areas from September 2018
The Local Authority has asked us to pass on this message to all parents.
We are asking for your views on four different aspects of secondary school admissions:
- what basic principles we should give highest priority to when considering a new secondary school admissions system
- whether children who receive free school meals should be given priority
- 3 suggested catchment areas
- whether to keep random allocation as the ‘tie-break’ for oversubscribed schools or to use home to school distance instead.
They are considering these changes because:
- there are more children living in some areas areas than places available
- a new secondary school run by the University of Brighton will be opening in September 2018
- we are considering introducing new admission priorities for children eligible for Free School Meals.
Additional information, frequently asked questions and maps of the proposed catchment areas are on the council website here
Consultation Information Evenings
Tuesday 12 April - Longhill High School 7-9pm
Wednesday 13 April - Patcham High School 7-9pm
Thursday 14 April - Hove Cricket Ground
Thursday 21 April Mile Oak Primary School 7-9pm
Wednesday 27 April - Brighthelm 7-9pm